Christmas is approaching quickly and you might ask yourself how you can show appreciation to your most loyal clients. How about preparing a little gift bag for them?
This blogpost will inspire you to prepare inexpensive yet thoughtful and environmentally-friendly gift bags to spread some love in your salon. Here are five ideas:
#1 Bake some vegan ginger Christmas cookies
The gift bag could also include some delicious vegan ginger cookies. Everybody loves cookies for Christmas – and they can even be vegan. For example, Minimalist Baker published a delicious recipe for one bowl of vegan and gluten-free ginger cookies. Here is the recipe:
- 1/2 cup softened vegan butter (1 stick = 1/2 cup)
- 2/3 cup organic cane sugar (plus more for rolling)
- 3 Tbsp aquafaba (chickpea brine – the liquid from a can of cooked chickpeas)*
- 3 Tbsp molasses
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (plus more for rolling)
- 3/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 2/3 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp unsweetened dairy-free milk
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Prepare the topping for later by adding 2-3 Tbsp organic cane sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon to a small bowl and mixing. Set aside.
3. Add softened vegan butter to a large mixing bowl and beat until creamy and smooth – about 1 minute.
4. Add sugar and mix on medium speed until fluffy and light – about 1 minute. Then add chickpea brine (or other egg substitutes*) and molasses and mix again, scraping down sides as needed.
5. Add baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and sea salt and blend to combine. Then add gluten-free flour blend, almond flour, and cornstarch and mix on low until the ingredients are combined.
6. The dough should be thick and almost difficult to mix at this point. If too soft, continue adding 1 Tbsp each gluten-free flour blend, almond flour, and cornstarch until a thick, moldable dough is formed. Then transfer dough to the refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes.
7. Use a cookie scooper (like this one) or Tablespoon to measure out 1 1/2 Tbsp amounts of dough and gently roll into balls – the dough will still be soft so be gentle. Then carefully roll in the cinnamon-sugar topping and arrange on the parchment-lined baking sheets. Press down gently with the palm of your hand or a drinking glass to smash until about the thickness you want to enjoy them at. They won’t spread or rise much so keep that in mind.
8. Bake for 10-11 minutes or until the cookies appear fluffy and the edges are slightly beginning to dry out. Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. If frosting, whisk together the powdered sugar and almond milk until a thick, pourable glaze is achieved. Then drizzle over the cookies. See notes if hoping to roll out and cut into shapes.
10. Storage: Once cooled, store leftover cookies covered at room temperature for 3-4 days, or in the freezer up to 1 month.
#2 Write some kind words to your clients
In digital times, Christmas cards may have lost their popularity but people actually still appreciate hand-written messages. Next to the little gifts, you could write some kind Christmas and New Year’s greetings to give it a more personal touch.
There are a lot of christmas cards that are not only beautiful but plastic-free and recyclable. For example, you can find them on websites that offer handmade or fair-trade products like Etsy or Ethicalshop.
#3 Reuse your leftover packages
You don’t have to wrap the holiday gifts in plastic bags or expensive gift bags. You can just use old packages from the products you ordered.
Moreover, you can glam them up with a gift ribbon that your clients can use again as well. One more idea is to recycle your old gift wrapping paper or old scraps of fabric to wrap your presents the green way.
#4 Include one of NATULIQUE’s Certified Hair Care products
Some of our products are small enough to fit into a little gift bag: Our Morrocan Argan Oil that softens and moisturises the hair, while helping to smooth split ends and frizz.
Another nice give-away for the cold winter months is our small-sized Protective Hand Cream. Moreover, our Vitalizing Dry Shampoo creates great hold and adds volume to the hair. In the small size, clients can take it anywhere.
#5 Create vouchers for discounts or free extra services
Another salon client appreciation gift can be a voucher. It could be for a discount or even a free extra service like a massage, eyebrows styling or blow-out. Or maybe you could offer free highlighting with the purchase of a cut. Such vouchers won’t cost you a fortune until redemption.